Welcome to Muir Specialty Pharmacy!
Whether you’re a Physician looking for a pharmacy that can compound medications to meet your patients’ specific needs, or a Patient looking for the best compounding pharmacy to prepare your custom medications, you’ve come to the right place.
Compounding is achieved through this essential triad relationship.
The single most distinguishing feature of compounding is the specific relationship that is required between the Patient, Physician and the Pharmacist.
The physician first prescribes the medication, then the pharmacist takes the necessary ingredients, compounds them, and dispenses the medicine to the patient after a thorough consultation. This enables patients to receive the type of personalized care they deserve and allows independent community pharmacists the opportunity to provide superior, patient-oriented services.
What is compounding?
Compounded medications are prescriptions that are written by a physician, veterinarian or other legally authorized prescriber and prepared for an individual patient. They are prepared by a pharmacist to meet an individual's unique needs as determined by the prescriber. Compounding pharmacies can also change the form of a medication´s delivery, such as from a pill to a liquid. They can eliminate known allergens, add flavorings, and personalize the dose.
- When a child needs a dose smaller than the manufactured dose.
- When a pet needs medication.
- When a manufactured medicine has been discontinued or not available for economic reasons.
- When a patient needs to convert a pill into another form like a cream, suppository or liquid.
- When a patient is allergic to an inactive ingredient in a manufactured medicine.